Friday, August 10, 2012

Tastes-Like-Hate Artist Arrested



The Huffington Post is reporting that Manny Castro, the artist who painted the 'Tastes Like Hate' on a Chik-fil-A location, has been arrested.

Castro claimed the piece from the beginning, but it still took police a few days to make the arrest.

Castro has been clear about his motivations for the piece saying to the Huffington Post 'My statement painted on the side of the Chik-Fil-A in Torrance was not born out of hate. It was born out of frustration. It was meant to further a discussion about tolerance and acceptance. My Facebook wall was simply not large enough to do this.
Contrary to popular belief, I am a proud Christian and I wholly subscribe to the verse: “Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone.”
I didn’t use violence. I used paint. Artists for centuries have expressed their opinions through this medium and I am no different. The word "FAG" spray painted on anything has never garnered the media attention that my cow with a paintbrush did. And that’s unfortunate.
I am happy to pay for the costs of repainting the wall, but I am not -- nor will I ever be -- happy to sit quietly at the back of the bus.
M&F applauds Castro's activism.  
Stay up!

2 comments: