Thursday, June 3, 2010

Joe Ledbetter gets up on Fairfax





I am a big fan of Jled.

Joe Ledbetter is a painter/graphic artist/toy maker who created a colorful menagerie of real and made-up animal based characters. Jled's characters are easily recognizable for their bright colors and sharp lines.

One of my early memories of LA street art was years ago when I was visiting and saw a Mr. Bunny sticker next to Gallery 1988 on Melrose. I didn't know much about street art at the time, and the Jled sticker peaked my interest. I personally have many Jled figures and prints in my collection.

This bright yellow eagle guy is named Magnus--and if you like him you can get him in toy form or see him in paintings if you check out Jled's art show at the Corey Helford Gallery in Culver City. The show opens this Friday, June 4th.

It is good to see Jled hit the streets again.

No comments:

Post a Comment