Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Still Melting


'The Sting of a Burn
Still Winds Put the Fire Out
But I'm still melting'

-Artwork by Brandy Eve Allen

This is clearly on the streets, but is it street art?

It seems that more and more artists want to get credit as 'street artists', by placing stuff on the streets.

It is definitely on the streets, but we would say this is not 'street art'.

We do think that it is art. That said, we find it humorous that it is spelled out on the piece (i.e. "artwork by . . . ). lol

1 comment:

  1. I think the viewer categorizes it as street art more than the artist... any form of art is a form of expression, but in this society I guess it's easier to pigeonhole things into our system of division.... Why not talk about what the artist is saying rather than trying to break down what their label is... Sounds like the artist is reaching out, sharing an intimate moment with someone who might understand. I understand what they're saying.

    ReplyDelete