Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Snyder - Its Not a Question



Snyder also paid a visit to Mr. Brainwash's 'Art Show 2011'. One of Snyder's main goals of street art is to involve the community, so this was right down his alley, and he put together a great summary of the day about how this event is bringing artists together.

In his words, below:

After signing a multiple page contract, as well as being photographed
while holding and facing the contract towards the camera, I entered the
room. The thick cloud of spray paint and the occasional puddle of paste
made me feel at home and I instantly began searching for any remaining
piece of wall space with my a J. Leigh drip paste in hand and the Tetris
theme sound loud in mind.

The J. Leigh spot was one that I decided on early. The slight corner fit
my piece well, but what sold me on the spot was the homage paid to Alfred
Hitchcock with the juxtaposition of the character from Psycho and the
possible, though maybe a stretch, reference to The Birds with the "birds
are for cages" stencil.

Originally My Doodle "This is Where I Doodle the Line" statement was
planned to end with a question mark to represent the uncertainty of
participation many artists, including myself, contemplated when first
hearing about this opportunity. While searching for a place to put it, I
some artists approached me who recognized my Doodle paste and thanked me
for my work. I looked around and saw other artists sharing complimenting,
sharing supplies and exchanging stickers. Artists of all ages and
backgrounds were working amongst each other and smiles were contagious.
Whether this was Thierrry's main intention or not, he was using art to
bring people together, ultimately strengthening culture. At that point I
realized that there was no need for a question mark... I was glad to
Doodle a line within the walls of MBW's building. After that realization,
that cleansing of the cloudy uncertainty, I knew there was not a better
place to put Doodle and his message than on a transparent window visible
from both inside and outside!


Dig it~

No comments:

Post a Comment