Friday, November 4, 2011

From LA to New Delhi, India



M&F got a cool email this morning all the way from India. It was from Blaeze who says that he used to be getting up in LA, but since moving to New Delhi he is starting up the scene there and how it is helping give a creative outlet to the people. Its a cool story, and rad to hear how LA's street art is spreading all over the world. You can check it out below. Especially dig the Hindi 'stay up!'.

Hey, this is Blaeze. I have been putting up stuff in LA for a little over a year. I mostly put up pastes of little cartoon figures, but I recently started putting up some Art Is Life stickers. Now I am in New Delhi trying to get the scene started. I am sad I missed the Brainwash show, but helping some of these kids has been amazing. The scene here is still very small, but it is growing fast. The police don't really know how to handle street art here. The cops roll by and just look confused about what we are doing. Anyway some of these people have it pretty tough life and it is very liberating for them to be able to express some of there feelings. India is so crowded that people are often overlooked, but I am helping them make their voices heard. As they say in Hindi चुप रहने (stay up)

Thanks Blaeze! Stay up!


1 comment:

  1. way to spread the love and stay up Blaeze!!!! keep it coming!!
    ~teacher

    ReplyDelete