Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Look Behind the Scenes at Snyder's 'Monkey'n Around'



The community seems to be responding really strong to Snyder's 'going bananas' on the Lister cap on Melrose. Here is a look behind the scenes and the thought process of what went into Snyder's work.



Read below to see Snyder's thoughts on his response and how he feels about the M&F community.


I love how you finished the write up on my addition to the Lister piece:

"...me in my MF'n neighborhood."

With every trip to Melrose I feel more comfortable. I see more familiar
friends and I poke my head into more shops to say hello. It is a warm
feeling, one which I feel everyday walking through the Carlsbad Village. I
never thought I would feel that sense of local community anywhere other
than Carlsbad, but I have grown very fond of your neighborhood and love
every moment I am there. When you wrote "my neighborhood" I realized that
a deep connection with the Melrose community has grown within me and I can
feel at home there. It's a special feeling!

Attached are some photos that document how I created the imagery for the
piece. I bought a bushel of bananas and smashed them and shot photos for
reference and I illustrated the ape for reference.


Dig it. Stay up in the MF'n neighborhood~

1 comment:

  1. Snyder loves to paint! Good stuff and heart. Where is Carlsbad?

    ReplyDelete