Saturday, February 5, 2011

Free Street Art - Find It and Take It Home! (Part 1/3)


Street artist 2wenty has done a cool thing. Plenty of street artists have left free street art out to be taken home, but most pieces get left on the sidewalk or leaning on a building, and its never certain whether it got picked up by an art lover, or thrown out with the garbage.

But 2wenty has put these pieces of free street art up higher, so first only the lovers of street art will look to spot them, and then it takes a little work to get one.

We dig the imagery, and with Lindsey Lohan getting slapped with another round of felonies, the timing is ripe to get a piece of her featured on some art.

We are going to have some fun with this as well, and play it as a game. We are putting up 3 posts 2 of them have spots where readers can find a piece of street art and take it home. The third is a piece that has already been taken.

Click the jump to play!
On Melrose. Next to the Dog Byte piece. Up with Insurgency Inc.

Finders Keepers! go get it!!

9 comments:

  1. thats so cool! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more on the back! There are 4 on melrose and one went to a friend that loves street art. The other one that isn't shown here is by a pay phone and a Alex monopoly keyboard paster. They are all numbered (total of 5, and more won't be made on wood) and dated.

    You got exactly what I was going for. I put it high so only people that are actually into the art will see it. I figure street art is only temporary so why not let someone take it and enjoy it if they like the piece.

    I hope to continue this idea. Be on the lookout.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opps, looks like you have pictures of all 4.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2wenty - PLEASE TELL ME WHEN YOU ARE DOING THIS AGAIN! I live Melrose / Formosa and I love your work! I am on the lookout, just give me some tips! thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I appreciate the intrest. Up until a month ago I never made any art. I'm new to most of this, kind of learning as I go. I still dont consider myself an artist, im just having a good time doing it.

    I've been really busy with lots of ideas hitting me all at once, having to pick up all the supplies needed to make the stuff and I work lots of hours at a regular job.

    In a couple of days there should be more going up. I have 2 special pieces in the works as we speak. They will go up in 2 of the previous 4 spots and they will be for the taking.

    Special thanks to melrose and fairfax for putting my stuff up. I really like the picture of the girl jumping for the LiLo art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, the 2 pieces are out there. I hope you got hoops.

    Also if you find the new big Facebook pack of smokes paster somewhere on Melrose, there is the very first hand made Facebook cigarette pack hiding close by with a little gift in it.

    I swear, it always feels like Alex and I are always close to running into each other.

    Have fun and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2wenty - if you ever need help picking up supplies i'm game! I live right in the area ( melrose / formosa ) - ogiony@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Were you able to score one of the pieces that went up?

    ReplyDelete
  9. In light of the new charges I revok my statement about not making more LILO. I have a new twist I'm going to add. So yeah, I'm doing more.

    ReplyDelete