Monday, August 1, 2011

Graffiti and Street Art on TV's 'Southland'



We haven't seen the TV series 'Southland', so we aren't familiar with it, but apparently it is a show that is based in Los Angeles and filmed in Hollywood--and through this filming, some local street art and graffiti has been featured in the footage.

The first pic above pictures a glimpse of a Space Invader piece on Hollywood. And then it looks like a whole fight scene plays out in front of a giant wall with art from Lineline Dot in the second and third pics.

Very cool stuff. Dig it~

***Big thanks to Dave for sending in the pics and story***

2 comments:

  1. Always fun to spot street art/graff on TV. Once I saw some graff in an episode of The Mentalist or one of those ridiculous crime-solving shows (I'm a mathematician! and I solve crimes!) and I'm pretty sure it was painted just for the show--I knew the spot, right by the river, and it had been buffed.

    Saw another episode with a scene done right in front of the wheat paste wall. Could see a Kubrick poster and Leba, Free Humanity, I think--can't remember exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should DEF start watching that show. BEST EVER

    ReplyDelete