Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Closer Look at Banksy's 'Blocked Messages'


Here is a closer look at Banksy's 'This Site Contains Blocked Messages'. Like an onion, the layers of meaning keep unveiling themselves.

There are two additional major things to take note of with this stencil. First, the placement of this stencil is in clear view of Word Trade One, or Freedom Tower. So, it seems that this street piece was done in planned conjunction with the release of Banksy's editorial for the New York Times.

Which is the second thing to note. That Banksy officially released 2 pieces today, which makes up for the day missed due to police activity.

As for the crowd reaction, it seems like the number of people are dying down around Banksy's street pieces a little bit. Even the taggers seemed to have run low on their hater spirit? Guess this is an example of how Banksy's perseverance has outlasted the initial waves of hate.




















3 comments:

  1. Not me! Boohoohoo I'm seriously going to be so depressed when this month is over. They say it takes, what, around 30 full days to develop a real habit? Oh man I'm gonna have no idea what to do with myself. It's become such a part of my daily routine. When I started, I used to check m&f everyday, several times a day and up until October, I went down to about 1x a week, max. Now, I'm back to checking every hour! #firstworldproblems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey m&f do you think those couple drips were intentional? Or anyone else for that matter? When he drips he drips, like yesterday. But today's drips?? Idk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what is the message?
    Why are there TWO 'I am Banksy' placards in pic 7?
    What is the 'hidden message' in the signed No 20 Balloon girl?

    ReplyDelete